Thursday, November 1, 2018

All Saints' Blog



Where have we been?  There was the short and intense Canadian summer.  There were irritants with online activity, including some malware on this blog.  There were travels and visitors and books to read.  We also adopted a new diet and cooking program, one more plant-based, as they say, which required a considerable amount of time and dedication to implement.  Indeed, I am spending much more time in the kitchen. What can we do.

But, I have missed the blogging, as of late.  I think mostly, it is the mental hygiene of getting somethings off your mind and onto the page.  Moreover, there is a benefit to exercising vocabulary, before losses to inevitable old age or declining brain power use up the neural circuits.  Use it or lose it.  Also, blogging puts things into your mind as your use it.  Your focus is sharpened. There is clarity that emerges, which is vastly better than grey fogginess, which is symbolized by the weather that has crept up on us.

So, as the more dreary, darker days of winter descend on us, together with the snow in the forecase, I think I would like to post some more.  Google Blogger wants me to start a different blog.  I wonder about this, as my format is very old.  I will have to think about this.  For now, good wishes for a good week and blessings for the days of All Saints' and Reformation.  Yesterday, we put the family fun of spooky Halloween behind us for another year, but more constructively, we now want to consider the eternal home of our souls with the Lord, which is granted to us purely out of his immeasurable, and superabundant grace, the fount of all true and lasting joy and pleasure.  Thanks be to God.

I feel better already.
















































No comments: