Saturday, November 3, 2018

Thanksgiving Service in Berlin, Oct. 2018, for Reunification: Tag der Deutschen Einheit


A Dear Friend sent me this link on Youtube for this special Ecumenical Church Service to celebrate Reunification and the unity of the nation of Germany, in 2018 .  I watched a good chunk of it.  You can see the large congregation, including the politicians, in a large, ornate cathedral in Berlin.  There is fantastic music.  I will plan to watch the rest and here, I have filed the link for myself and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RawukFRMUo0


The video is completely in German language, though some of the music is in Latin and Greek.  It is worthwhile watching for the music and also the brass ensemble and the boys' choir. Very nice.

When I was a girl, I used to play very often in services in the church brass band.  Now I serve as an organist.  It is so wonderful to have a full church and to have excellent music.  These are true highlights of the week, of the seasons, of a lifetime.


Image result for church brass band


No comments: