Thursday, July 24, 2014

ABC Angel




I am working on a children's ABC and found this picture about Angels from here:  http://sacredartpilgrim.com/collection/view/7.  It even has an "A" on the page.  I quite like it for its simplicity and extravagance of color.  It also seems very domestic and peacefully ordered.  The house windows look like stained-glass windows, showing how each home is a little church and each parent a missionary to his/her own children.  The floating mountains of the alps look like kites bringing our gaze up and to the sun.

As our catechism says:  as the Father teaches his household.
And:  let your holy angel be with me that the wicked foe may have no power over me.

The Spirit hovers over it all with his teaching, forgiveness and comfort, in the form of dove.  The waves of baptism cover it all and brings to new life.

Am I going too far with all this?  Focus, Brigitte, focus.  "ABC".

No comments: