2. Similarly to the masters, such as a) the authorities
73. Romans 13:1,2,4. Everyone live in subjection to the authorities, which has the power over him. For there is no authority which has not been given by God; where ever there are authorities they have been instituted by God. Whoever puts himself against the authorities is resisting God's order; however those who resist will receive their judgment. Because it is a servant of God to your own good. So if you are doing evil, be afraid, for it does not bear the sword for no reason; the authorities are a servant of God, an exacter of punishment for those who do wrong.
74. 1 Peter 2:17. Give honor to everyone, love the brothers, fear God and honor the king.
75. Matthew 22:21. Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's and God what is God's.
76. 1 Tim. 2, 1-3. So I admonish you, that firstly one make petitions, intercession and thanksgiving for all people, for the king and all in authority, in order that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and decency. For so to do is good and pleasing to God, our Savior.
b) to teachers
77. Hebrews 13:17. Obey your teachers and follow them because they are watching over your souls in a way for which they will be accountable, so that they may do it with joy and not with complaints, which would not serve you.
78. 1 Thess. 5:12-13. We ask you dear brothers that you will respect those who labor over you and lead and admonish you in the Lord. Love them all the more because of this work and be peaceable.
c) to the Masters/Lords
79. Ephesians 6:5-8. You servants obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart as to Christ, not alone to please men but as servants of Christ, so that you will fulfill the will of God from your heart and gladly. Think about this, that you are serving the Lord and not man; and know that each one who does good will receive his reward from the Lord whether he be a slave or a free man.
80. 1 Peter 2:18. You servants be subject to your masters with all respect, and not only to the ones who are good and gentle, but also to those who act strangely.
New editor for LW
6 hours ago