You shall honor your father and your mother.
We should fear and love God so that we do not despise or anger our parents; but instead we should honor them, serve them, obey them, and love them dearly.
A We shall not despise or anger our parents.
67. Proverbs 30:17. An eye which ridicules the father and despises the mother, must be hacked out by the ravens at the creek and devoured by the young eagles.
68. Proverbs 20:20. Whoever curses his father and his mother, his light will go out in the midst of darkness.
B But honor them.
69. Matthew 15:4. You shall honor your father and mother. But whoever curses his father and mother shall be put to death.
C serve and obey them.
70. Ephesians 6:1-3. Children obey your parents in the Lord; for this is right. Honor your father and your mother is the first commandment with a promise, so that it will go well with you and you will live long on earth.
71. Proverbs 1:8. My child, obey the discipline of your father, and do not neglect the command of your mother.
D dearly love them.
72. 1 Tim. 5:4. To return good to your parents is a good deed and pleasing to God.
New editor for LW
6 hours ago