Monday, March 22, 2010

Where there is a will there is a way, or How I read my big Lutheran Study Bible this Sunday



This is a way that worked for me for a while:  I lay on the sofa full length on my stomach and had the Bible propped up by the far end.  I got through Psalm 68, 69, 70 and 71 that way.  It probably was a good stretch for the lower back, also.  It's good for about 20 min. or so.

Also, another option is I can sit on the sofa with my feet on the table, the knees angled up and the Bible propped on my legs.  This is probably the most comfortable and allows for underlining.  (As M. Harrison said about the "At Home in the house of my Fathers" tome--you can keep wound dressings down like this.)

Or one could have special desk for it.  That might be worthwhile.  A nice Bible table and chair somewhere.  But that would look too pious.

I did enjoy the study notes to go with it and the law/gospel applications are very good.  No, they are not just very good, they are outstanding and extraordinarily helpful.  It's worth getting the LS Bible just for those.




No comments: