Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Airports in Canada in March



















For the funeral, I flew in some smaller planes for short distance flights (in Canada not so very short distance).  At home, it was -30 below that morning, when leaving.  But the time at the airport was magical.  A woman was playing Bach on a piano just outside the security area in in front of the big windows by Starbucks closest to the viewing area.  The seating was on park benches by the big glass front, and the effect was very uplifting.  I did get myself a cup at Starbucks--though I think I am boycotting them, I forget why, just now.  (What a world.)  I am also boycotting Paypal, I forget why, also.  They wrote me a note the other day, to please come back and use them.  It must be getting tough for them.

Upon leaving at the other end, I thought it was quite magical, too. The sun was rising over the mountains fringing the lower mainland valley.  I had a nice little banter over word usage with a man just before and during security.  He had walked the whole maze before getting to security and I had skipped through them by the side, missing about 20 meters of useless maze-walking.  We tried to find the best words for what I had done.  He thought I had "got purchase".  I thought I had taken "licence".  Anyways, there were a lot of business travelers and they were a lively lot, reading books and talking things over.

No comments: