Tuesday, March 8, 2016

International Women's Day

I'm not much into "days", but let's give it a shot.

I have been spoiled.  I had a great father and mother, a prosperous upbringing, a good education, a stable marriage, wonderful hobbies, and last but best a faith in Christ that has supported me through a variety of trials.

As a woman, I marvel, though, that after all this time and all the books that are written, that it is still so hard for men to understand women, and probably vice versa.

This comes through even when speaking with LGBT individuals.  When Jenner poses as a dolled up woman and wants to be called a "woman", he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about--just for example.

And this is how I know that the Bible is true.  Even though it was written down by men, it knows what it is about.  That's all I am going to say right now.  I have work to do.

Also look at this:  http://www.firstthings.com/article/1998/02/004-women-of-renewal-a-statement


2 comments:

Hildegard said...

Dear Brigitte,

I'm still enjoying reading your blog, though I haven't commented in a long time. Do you know about this website for Lutheran writers? Check it out! You may be interested in this particular post also: http://www.maryjmoerbe.com/2016/03/11/poetry-month/ :-)

Blessings! Hildegard

Brigitte said...

Hildegard, thanks! Yes, I've seen Mary's blog. She does very good work. I love her books, too. Happy and blessed Easter week coming up! XO