Monday, May 26, 2014

Exciting Weekend / Jasper Banff Icefields Parkway

The weekend was exciting.  We drove to Jasper for convention together and then I drove the Icefields Parkway to Banff by myself and the next day back again to Jasper, by myself.  The check engine light came on just beyond the Columbia Icefields, in the middle of nowhere with no cell reception for another hundred kilometers.  The cruise control quit the moment the check engine light came on.  In the end, apparently, all the trouble was due to the gas cap.-- I did arrive in good shape, though a little ruffled,  for the High School graduation of my God-child, Valedictorian, top of the class.  Great time had by all!





Car trip pictures from the Icefields Parkway:

















South of the Columbia Icefield  (taken with the I-Pad)




 Columbia Icefield  at the interpretive center.





























Bear Lake, still frozen.

No comments: