Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Catechism

I think I will start typing out the Catechism with Explanations. Hopefully, I don't need permission from anyone for that. I am more impressed with the Catechism all the time, the more I read on-line discussion and confusion. It is good work for me to type it out.

1> What is Christianity?

Christianity if the life and salvation God has given in and through Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 17:3 This is eternal life: that they may know You the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Acts 11:26 The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

1 John 5:11-12 God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Note: Christianity was at first called "the Way" (Acts 9:2; 24:14, 22)

2 comments:

Bror Erickson said...

Actually you do need permission. And from what I understand, CPH is sort of nasty about that. Makes my heart warm. Share the gospe, just make sure...

Brigitte said...

I thought so, maybe. The front says copyrighted. Would they give permission, you think? Or nasty all the way? It would indeed be cheaper to print out the pages than buy and ship the book. But the book is nice and handy.

I am thinking of translating and posting my other grandfather's memoirs, the one from Silesia. But I should probably ask all the aunts and uncles first. My cousin from Vancouver can so the second half. (Pretty long but a good way to get into your ancestor's head. Did the Mueller flight from Polish corridor history, if anyone would like that. But maybe Aunt Gertrud owns that since she wrote it.)

And there is the document from "Pastor in the Third Reich". Sort of in line with the Fabricated Luther series. I asked for and received permission to translate it and share it with the copyright notice by Mr. May. But that would not be ok for the internet... Bah.