Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 28, 2009




This is a picture from a few minutes ago. As you can see, everything is bright but the snow cover persists and was added to yesterday. Yet, spring feelings are stirring. Stefan's accident was just over the hill on the left side.

It has now been nearly three months since Stefan's death. This was the first week we did not receive any condolence cards, also I have no more funeral related visits on our social calendar. In terms of funeral food, I think there is only some bread left in the freezer, though I still need to return containers and books and CD's. Everywhere in town and church people are still stroking and hugging me, and I think no one will soon forget. Thankfully, I don't mind hugging. In fact, someone commented on what a good hugger I was; I told her that it has become my default posture/gesture.

So, now I am getting the feeling that I need to pick myself up and get a little more pro-active about life--like clean house and invite people over here. Also, I might run down to Canmore and visit my sister's family during spring break. Easter Sunday is scheduled for my house (my sister-in-law is in Germany for her parent's 50th wedding anniversary), so I might actually have to decorate some and think of fun things for the kids. Time to get the act together a little more.

No comments: