Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tough Day


It seemed like a tough day at work, today. Too many more hugs, too many more glances, looks, condolences. Everyone is so touched. Too many more cards in the mail, on top of the death certificate, the medical examiner's report and certificate, the funeral bills, Stefan's last bills, and paperwork for the insurances... (Maybe if we got the mail more often, it would not all arrive at once.)

I'm not keeping up with my exercise, and I'd better do it. Martin's been good with the treadmill.

People talk to me about church and that's good, but I'm not sure where to send them. We're kind of split in the family about where to go. Someone told me, they've admired Martin and me about how we've handled things and they want to be sure that if one of their little boys dies (cutest little rascals, always in danger of serious accidents) he/they would go to heaven, too. I can fully empathize with that. That was good and we cried, but...

Bror wrote somewhere else: start a Bible study, call a pastor. We used to have great Bible study out here. Anyways, who knows.

Andrea is not home, yet, and it's past nine on a school night...

8 comments:

Bror Erickson said...

I thought you had a church? Is there not a Confessional Lutheran church in Edmonton?

Brigitte said...

We have churche"s", I think I wrote you once. It's a long story.

We don't have a church in Gibbons and the confessional people think Edmonton is a wasteland.

Some complain that all the great preachers are sitting in district office, seminary and college.

Bror Erickson said...

So how far do you have to go to find a church worth going to?
Tell you the truth I don't know to many great preachers sitting in district offices. A couple maybe but...
Preachers at seminary can be questionable too,
I can count on one hand the amount of good sermons I have heard on a college campus.
Great preaching is a gift to be cherished when it comes along. but remember Paul didn't even think of himself as a great orator. I like to take comfort in the fact that there is more to being a good pastor than being a great preacher.

Anonymous said...

Brigitte,

I can't imagine what you are going through. I pray that the Lord will comfort you and sustain you. I know He will, but it will still be tough.

If there is anything that I can do for you, Brigitte, please let me know.

Yours in Christ,

Steve

Brigitte said...

I can't get into this here and now, though I'd like to talk about it some time. It is upsetting and confusing at times. Plus many of the pastors are our patients and we love them all.

Brigitte said...

Dear Steve: you are such a nice person. Thanks for your prayers. Praying is really all anyone can do at this point and lot's of people are doing it and it's helping.

Rev. Jeff Nilsson said...

Dearest Brigitte,
I'm here finally. I'd love to conduct some Bible Studies there but it's a long ways away from Wetaskiwin. I am, however, willing. Let me know what I can do. BTW, maybe you can catch me up on my Deutsch while we're at it.
The peace of the Lord be with you always!
Jeff

Brigitte said...

Dear Jeff: we have to get together sometime and get caught up. Lots of peace to you, too.