Tuesday, January 6, 2009

so many ironies



Stefan's friends have been here a few times since the fatality. They shared stories and hug us a lot. I am so glad they came and I hope they keep coming. He did not bring most them around the house before, though I encouraged him to.

They were always out and about, texting, phoning, moving, driving, doing who knows what. It may not have been bad, but a parent worries.

In the end the accident happened on his way to his grandma's to help her with home improvements. Matt was helping, too.

I don't think the kids will come to this blog. But, thank you to them.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

I just stumbled onto your blog through the "next" button at the top of the page and I want to express my sympathy to you and your family on your loss. Our oldest is just about seventeen and has friends who drive and they are frequently out and about.

I hope that you will find peace with your loss sooner rather than later and that arms of many will reach out to help.

Brigitte said...

Thank you for your comment. I will have a look at your blog some day when I have time.