Monday, September 15, 2008

Birthday

It's my birthday, today. And my thoughts center around how little control we have. We did not chose to be born. We did not chose to become who we are. We did not chose to get older with sagging faces and other parts. And looking at others, they did not chose to get old and be in a wheelchair. We have no idea how and when we will depart.

We are creatures. Finite, practically impotent.

But God saw us. God knows us. When others could care less, he cares. Whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. He sees us still. He is at our right hand. He will carry us through. He is our entire help and comfort.

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Bror wished me a happy birthday, but I lost the comment somehow.

Thank you.

It was an eventful weekend and day, I'll blog about it, if I can get around to it.